Self-Catering Cottage in Ireland
- 2 bedrooms, 3 full beds, in total comfortable sleeps 6 adults...
- Spacious and open floor plan with fully a furnished living room and dining room…..with Irish linens..
- Color T.V. with good reception and radio
- Fully fitted bathroom with a tub and separate shower plus a blow dryer...
- Fully fitted eat in kitchen with a fridge, cooker, electric kettle....
- Washer, dryer and vacuum...
- Private driveway with front and back door entrances...
- Pre-famine stone wall surrounds property with iron gated entrance...
Peaceful Cottage Rental takes special care to understand the unique needs of each of our guests to exceed expectations. Our family makes every effort to ensure you are 100% satisfied.
Includes sufficient amenities for six occupants :
- Cooking utensils and dish towels (cork screw and can opener, etc.)
- Dishes…. Everyday and fine China
- Glassware, tumblers, wine glasses, beer glasses
- Mixing bowls and storage containers
- Children's cups, plates, utensils and outlet caps
We suggest shopping in Headford at Joyce's or in Shrule at Mullen's for local groceries. ... (Mullen's is next to the Key pick up but is not open as late as Joyce's, Joyce's has a larger selection)
Suggested Shopping List for typical Irish meals:
- Small Sugar (if you take with your tea)
- Package of Bangers (Irish Sausage)
- Package of Rashers (Irish Bacon)
- Black or White Pudding (Blood Sausage)
- 1lb of Stew Beef from the butcher
- a can Bachlors Baked Beans
- Digestive Cookies (nice with butter or jam)
- Some Jam like Blackcurrrent or Lemon Curd
- Prepaid Garbage Bags (can be purchased at grocer should you require more)
- Guinness (add to stew in place of water... yum)
- Bulmers is a nice Irish Hard Cider, called Magners in the States.
- Laundry Detergent (the water is hard and the washers use a lot less water then American)
- Don't forget a case of Turf for the Fire!
*Guests must provide their own towels and pillows as recommended....
Don’t forget your “Wellies” (Wellington boots)